05 October 2009

Lists

I've been making lists like the one from my last post for a long time. Many of them are between the pages of these composition notebooks...I've been filling them for more than 35 years.

A list of pots is more of a guideline and it's usually a little ambitious...I always yearn to have way too many pots to fill the kiln's two chambers.
My old nemesis was back the other day, guarding the same tree where I hide the key. It had a very symmetrical wiggle and didn't want to back down.

There are always bugs on my pots...

Brandon Newton is opening up a gallery in the new hotel downtown and he's invited me to include some pots. He's a terrific young painter and I think our work will be a good fit.

3 comments:

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

hey dan...get in touch with matt and tell him to WRITE MORE LISTS
thanks
x

klineola said...

You were a blogger long before there were blogs! I'd love to spend some time with those notes!

Hollis Engley said...

I don't know, Michael, it might be a pretty scary trip inside the Finnegan brain ...