20 July 2010

Buy This Book!

    I feel like a proud parent introducing you to this fine novel written and self published by Father Paul S. Naumann S.J.. PS was the first teacher to become a real mentor to me when I went to high school. He directed  the theater department (my FIRST love in the arts) and taught classes that ranged from Shakespeare to the existentialists and 17thc Italian comedy.
    The novel follows Crispin and his quest to save the great pine tree that is dying in the forest. He receives guidance from a wolf, a falcon and young man who drives a Pierce Arrow (the only car made in Buffalo, NY!). It's a fine adventure novel and I encourage you to buy a copy. Or three! They are available through EXLIBRIS or AMAZON. PS spent his life inspiring and encouraging thousands of students and now he's 'doing his own thing' and it is fantastic!

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Oh I like the sound of this one, with spirit animals helping save a tree, great you are still in touch with your mentor from so long ago.

Hannah said...

I very much like the sound of this too being a tree-a-holic. Will look that up I think. Thanks Dan

Beth said...

Sounds like a great hero adventure! I'm going to go look for it right now! :D

Sl8ofHand said...

Nicely written, perfect for children of all ages, ...smeaser