05 October 2008

Cupcake Wedding

On a beautiful autumn evening, Nathan and Cat were wedded on the farm where my pottery is. Great music and a simple ceremony under the gourd-laden gazebo was followed by a lovely meal of Thai food from Tarntip Restaurant and incredible cupcakes made by Elizabeth. I'm not sure that the photo is sufficient to see that the garnishes are mint leaves...and cayenne peppers. The chocolate ones were laced with mole' spice!
I ducked out early to hang out with Hollis, who was visiting from Cape Cod for the opening of his show at LibertyTown last Friday. I'll write a different blog about that. Hollis and I have been working together and talking about pots for a long time. He is writing an article about me for some future publication and we spent some time talking about where I've been and where I might be going now with my work. I'll let you know if it gets published. Hollis wrote feature stories for years, so he ought to be able to make some sense out of my ramblings.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

it looks beautiful.