06 October 2008

Pitchers and Planters

It's been a while since I've made these pitchers and after looking at these photos I've decided that the next batch need to have short little necks...I've been pushing the long neck for a while and all of a sudden I feel the need to tilt the pendulum in the other direction. And so it goes...

Most of the pots I make are meant for the kitchen or the table, but I've also always made time to make pots for flowers and plants. The bottom of my chamber isn't as 'juicy' as the rest and it's a good place to put these.


I really enjoy slipping and glazing raw pots and that's how I spent most of this glorious fall day. I plan to throw a bunch of teapot parts tomorrow and spend the rest of the week putting them together. I'll start loading next Monday. I'd like to be finished by Thursday (I am a rather deliberate loader of kilns) and start the little campfire in the firebox Friday (the 17th) evening. I think Rabah and Jay will do the overnight shift. I'm starting to get excited.

3 comments:

klineola said...

I love those planters! I fired a few this time around. I always have a few around, for the blanks spots in the stacking of my kiln. Sometimes they're my favorite pots. I like your poured slip/glaze? too.

Dan Finnegan said...

These are for the salt chamber and are slipped and then glazes or slips poured over. Sometimes both.

doug Fitch said...

beauties, really elegant pitchers