26 July 2009

Back From Uganda!





The Milways, not me. Since my Stratford post the days have been accelerating. Getting their house in order, shopping for a year's supply of tea, finishing up a few pots, walking around the hill, dinner parties with Ann and Steve Marchant and lunching in the pub with Ron and Lorna Wheeler. Ron wrote the wonderful Winchcombe book years ago and has been working very hard on the book for Eddie Hopkins which will debut this week. A bunch of us have been working on his memorial exhibition which will open next week at the Winds of Change Gallery in Winchcombe.
Eddie was a hugely important figure at the Winchcombe Pottery for 35 years and very sadly died in the dreadful floods that hit these parts two years ago. He was an incredible pot maker and and a totally charming rougue. I'll be writing much more about him later this week.

6 comments:

Anna M. Branner said...

More banks eh? I'll show you mine when you get back! Sorry you are so close to the end, but we look forward to seeing you....and that gifted pot from Hannah! (Yes I am still jealous.) Safe travels.

anna BRANNER :)

Hollis Engley said...

I'm sure Eddie's show will be terrific. A shame it had to come after he's gone.

Incognito said...

My favorite name from the lineup of ales is "Piddle Hole." Yep.

klineola said...

Did you drink all of those ales yerself? R U coming to WV by way of Uganda??

Dan Finnegan said...

I'm proud to say that the beer photo is a mere sampling of the fine hoppy, malty beverages I've enjoyed on this trip!

klineola said...

I hope you'll be back in time to enjoy one in Lewisburg with me!