13 April 2009

Slippin'

Nothing like that wet slip glistening on a leatherhard pot. A week or so ago I made an optimistic but knuckleheaded decision to move to my bigger, unheated studio and it's been cold and windy ever since. I've finished off this batch of vases and finally gave up and dragged my wheel, generator and basic tools back to my cozy and heated little studio this afternoon. I made a bunch of 'Emily' ginger jars and finished up some mugs I made as awards for the frisbee tournament this weekend. I've been making various awards for this event for almost 30 years.
I also mowed the grass...first of the year. It's so satisfying.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

These are beautiful shapes, Dan. I'm glad you've gone where it's warm!

Anonymous said...

that's a dreamy picture of those slip covered pots.

Hollis Engley said...

Nice looking pots, Daniel. Are those slipped in the French slip? FYI: The show at the Cape museum is down now. I picked up my pots yesterday. Some kind of pastel show going in there later this week. Back to flat art for the CC Museum of Art.

Dan Finnegan said...

Yup, it's the french slip, Hollis. At this point I've got three slips for the salt. French, 6 tile and crackle.